Facebook is a great tool for small business owners. Now the geniuses at Facebook have come up with something even better to help small business owners attract more customers.
What are Facebook Offers?
You may be familiar with Groupon, the service that allows people to claim discounts to local businesses. Well Facebook has create its own version of Groupon. If you have a Facebook Fan Page, you are able to create what are called Offers for Facebook users to claim. Now in typical Facebook form, they are only allowing a select group of businesses to try out this service. You have to keep your eyes peeled to find out when you can access it yourself. While you wait for them to roll this service out to all small businesses, you can be ahead of the game by reading the rest of this post to find out how you can create your Facebook Offer and what a Facebook Offer can do for your business.
How do I Create an Offer?
If you’re one of the lucky few that Facebook has released the Offers tool to, pay close attention. Here are detailed instructions on how to create an Offer from Facebook.
- Go to your Page
- From the sharing tool at the top of your Page’s timeline, click Offer, Event + and then click Offer
- Type a strong headline for your offer, ex. “Buy one pair of socks, get another pair free.”
- Upload a photo for your offer that will stand out in thumbnail size
- Choose to limit the number of claims by clicking Unlimited and selecting a number from the dropdown
- Set an expiration date by clicking today’s date and clicking a different day in the future
- Add terms and conditions of your offer
- Click Preview
- Review what your offer will look like, then click Post
- If you want to make changes to your offer when you’re previewing it, click Edit to go back and make changes.
Why Should I Use Facebook Offers?
Offers can draw fresh clients into your business. When a regular client claims your offer, it will post in their newsfeed. This shows up to all of their Facebook friends. This is free and simple advertising to an entirely new group of people that may not have known your business existed! Can marketing get any better than that?
If you are an admin of a Facebook Page, visit Facebook for more information on Offers.
Facebook Offers Video
© Facebook | Facebook.com