Getting local “likes” on Facebook is more important for a small business than getting likes around the world. A small business needs people in its area to LIKE it to promote business. Here are a couple tips on how to increase traffic and “likes” to your Facebook page.
First, try offering coupons or discounts to your Facebook fans only. If people find out that they can get a discount by simply pressing LIKE on your page, they will generally do so. While they may not initially take advantage of the discount, it will ensure that they will see you later.
Next, hold a contest for your existing fans. Enter them into a raffle if they repost your status or picture. While this encourages your local fans to become more involved in your page, it also gets them to show all of their friends your page. This could get you tons of “likes” just so people can join the contest. Consumers always flock to free stuff.
Make sure that your online presence is someone that your fans will like. Everything you post doesn’t always have to be advertisement for yourself. Funny pictures regarding your merchandise will make viewers more comfortable with sharing the picture without feeling like they are spamming their friends. For example, a small coffee shop may share a comic strip about coffee drinking or a meme making fun of coffee. This is something that their fans may want to share, and they are inadvertently spreading the word of the shop.
You can also promote your Facebook page outside of the internet world. Start by putting QR codes on your print material as well. Print it on business cards, bags, coupons, and in your store window. The QR code can link to your Facebook page and allow them to LIKE your page while they are standing in your business.
Get creative with this. Social media is growing, and it is important that your small business doesn’t miss the boat. Here are some other ideas you can try:
- Have an address listed so Facebook fans can “check in”
- Offer a certain discount for clicking LIKE
- Offer incentives when a certain number of “likes” is reached so fans will get their friends to join
- Update the page frequently
- Use the tools Facebook offers such as Facebook Offers and Facebook Ads
- Ask admins to Invite their friends to Like the business page (Admins are the only people that have this privilege now)
- Add Facebook Like box or link to Facebook on website
- Use a Find us on Facebook sign at your location
- Simply encourage people to LIKE you – Like MyModernWeb on Facebook
We would love to hear from you. Tell us your failures and your successes with gaining local likes. We can learn from one another.
Business Man Touching the LIKE Button
© Photodune | Photodune.net